19. Jun 2018 21:51 by o...@imagico.de <mailto:o...@imagico.de>:

> If i read you correctly you are unwilling to
>
> * establish verifiable principles for decisions about tagging presets in
> iD that limit use of presets to push subjectively preferred tagging
> ideas against existing widely accepted practice.
> * modify iD to allow for more diversity in tagging presets used by
> mappers (for example by offering presets available in JOSM as an
> alternative).
> * refrain from connecting tagging discussions you start here to iD
> preset decisions - including use of your decision power as leverage in
> discourse, like with

I think that this concerns are valid, though I would not mix it with claim

that editor developers controlling presets is wrong.

There is no real alternative, there is no an independent general preset,

and I would not expect to suddenly find people willing to maintain one in a

long term.

Especially after excluding developers of editors.

There is https://github.com/simonpoole/beautified-JOSM-preset
<https://github.com/simonpoole/beautified-JOSM-preset> but it is

- controlled by editor developer anyway

- has nearly no activity from people that are not developers of editors using it