Canoe routes doesn't render because few are mapped, and because few are
interested in.
Hiking routes and ski pistes are some niche data that get rendered by specialty
maps.
A specialty map dedicated to this kind of routes could be a nice and not so big
project as a tile overlay, maybe along with with whitewater tags if you're
looking for another hobby?
This usually helps in the long run to have more people interested in mapping
stuff like this.
Yves