On 31/08/2018 15:09, Dave Swarthout wrote:
I prefer the underscored version. American English doesn't use combined terms likeĀ baseballfield, or hockeyrink, to describe these sorts of pitches (nor do we use the term pitch for that matter). Instead, we use "baseball field" or "hockey rink" which is why I prefer skate_park.

Recent Oxford dictionaries have skatepark. Like you, I would not expect the other phrases to be written as one word: I guess number of syllables is one factor.

--

Steve

---