sent from a phone

> On 5. Sep 2018, at 12:40, Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
> The wiki should be changed to allow passing places to be mapped as ways, not
> sure why the node restriction was added but it seems unnecessary.

if the property that a road has a passing place, is added to the road it means
fragmentation of the road (we do it elsewhere, it’s not a showstopper but it
isn’t beautiful either)
For long passing places a way would make more sense

> The photo shows a wider bit of road, not a signed passing place. I would only
> map a signed passing place using the passing place tag.

according to the wiki there is no requirement of a sign: “location of a
widening on a road allowing oncoming vehicles to pass each other, or allowing
slower traffic to be passed if said slower vehicle halts at the passing place.
Also known as a turnout.”

cheers,
Martin