On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 03:58, SelfishSeahorse <selfishseaho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is a risk that towers and masts are defined differently in
> English, but perhaps Martin's idea to combine the two definitions
> would make sense nevertheless.

So, how about we clean up the various mixtures of definitions, &
conflicting photos, to:

man_made=mast: a vertical structure, supported by external guys and
anchors. (Possibly also include: Has no internal access, can only be
climbed by ladder?)

man_made=tower: a tall, slim, freestanding vertical structure with internal
access

man_made=communications_tower: to be deprecated (but also create a new
tower:type=multipurpose for the massive 150m+ combined communication /
observation / tourist attraction buildings)

man-made=pole: (currently not defined) a usually vertical column used as a
support for overhead utilities such as cables or antennae (Do we need a
height reference eg a pole is <15m - if it's 15m+, it becomes a tower?)

We should probably also look at the existing tag man_made=antenna
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dantenna) which doesn't
really have any useful definition: Used to mark some kind of antennas

How does that sound to everyone?

Thanks

Graeme