On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 12:27:57AM -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Are we talking a 1 lane or a 3 lane road?  Because that looks like it's
> describing a 3 lane road.

looks like 1 lane to me but the example would not work for other reasons.

We could do

lanes=0
  # this is "default" for routers/apps which don't undrestand/use conditional
  # restrictions
lanes:forward:conditional=2 @ (09:00-17:00)
lanes:backward:conditional=2 @ (17:01-8:59)
  # the version for apps which do understand them

However, I am afraid that "lanes=0" won't stop most routers sending cars that
way, other kind of restriction is needed here.

That could be
access=no
access=yes @ (09:00-17:00); yes @ (17:01-8:59)
 # this two lines are needed to sort out routers/apps which don't
 # undrestand/use conditional
oneway:conditional= yes  @ (09:00-17:00); -1 @ (17:01-8:59)

In principle
oneway=reversible
oneway:conditional= yes  @ (09:00-17:00); -1 @ (17:01-8:59)

would be a much more elegant solution but again, I am afraid that
oneway=reversible isnt widespread enough to be known by most routers.

I have just added that as hypothetical example to
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:oneway%3Dreversible

The lane number could be added on top of that  - and would be very
confusing if it were variable because there would be backward/forward
lanes on top of reversible oneway..

Richard