> On Jan 8, 2019, at 2:30 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>
> Am 07.01.2019 um 16:12 schrieb Bryan Housel:
>> On “both is OK”. the `service:vehicle` issue was because we can’t use the
>> same key `service=*` to contain both things like `tyres` (a few thousands)
>> and `driveway` (a few millions).  Sorry, but the `service=tyres` has to go.
>> A few thousand uses is not “established tagging practice”.  And I doubt that
>> that usage was ever discussed here or proposed either.  If it was, I missed
>> the proposal where someone said “lets put tyres in a tag already used 3
>> million times for something else”.  My “no” vote on such a thing would not
>> have mattered anyway.

> This is not a given, your problem exists just as a consequence of iD
> retrieving tag values from taginfo and how iD presets are designed.
> Everything else (as in any other editor) definitely doesn't have an
> issue with sub-tag keys using the same name as there is more than enough
> context to be able to differentiate the different usages.

How does Vespucci work around this?
Do you:
- just build in lists of what all the acceptable values are that people are
allowed to enter in different contexts?
- or let people type anything but expect them to already know what the good
values are from wiki research?
- or just don’t support the `service=` key in some contexts?
- or something else?

(skipping the rest of the email about `sells=`.. it’s way off topic)

Thanks, Bryan