On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:34:40AM +1000, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
On the subject of clarity of images. Was mapping the other day (using iD), marking buildings in an industrial area. As I said, the photo's weren't the clearest, but I was also peering through the purple haze of the mapped area=industrial, which certainly doesn't help matters either :-(

Does anyone know of any way of making that disappear / clear away (apart from deleting the area, & re-creating it after doing the buildings etc, which is a hell of a lot of work :-()

I don't know a way with iD, but with JOSM you can use its filter capability to hide any elements (by filtering on tags) that you do not want to be visible for the task you are performing at that moment.