On Sunday 03 February 2019, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> > I noticed today that a wiki page for the rarely used key
> > "motorcycle:scale" had been accidentally created as
> > "Key:motorcycle:scale"
>
> thank you for this. You are known to put things polite, in all
> honesty, there are good reasons to believe this was not
> “accidentally” but yet another attempt to sneak mostly unused tags
> without further discussion, notice or proposal procedure right into
> the established tags section of the wiki. [...]

Just to avoid misunderstandings - it is in principle completely all
right to invent tags and document them on tag/key pages without
creating a proposal.

What is not a good idea is developing complete tagging systems this way
without broader consultation.

And what is in particular not advisable is creating a one dimensional
classification systems based on combination of multiple largely
subjective and non-verifiable criteria.  This is the exact opposite of
good tagging design.

By the way:  For keys taginfo provides information on the number of
different users who have last edited features with this key - in this
case 2:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/motorcycle:scale

This number could at least for key pages be used to show a warning that
a certain key is not well established.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/