I’d recommend using the tree row tag alone in rural areas. A tree row is
very similar to a hedge, though it is usually not a barrier. I hope we are
not going to start mapping only rye individual shrubs that make up a hedge,
or the individual trees that make up a woodland.

If you do add the individual trees, please include each one as a node of
the tree_row so that data users can easily tell which trees are part of the
row, but don’t delete the tree_row in rural areas.

For medium scale / zoom level maps, the tree row is something you can show
much sooner than individual trees.