On 19/02/19 10:39, Paul Allen wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 23:30, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com <mailto:graemefi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 09:23, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com
    <mailto:pla16...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        According to a sketch in a comedy show from so long ago I can
        barely remember it, the source
        of the River Thames was traced to a dripping tap.  Which was
        fixed and the river dried up.

        I don't think it was Monty Python, though it might have been.
        Possibly one of Python's
        precursors.

    Seem to remember that one!

    Goodies?

Going well off topic here.

It was an isolated sketch, whereas Goodies had themed episodes.  TW3, maybe.  Something like that.  The only reason I don't think it was the Python's is I can't find it on youtube or even google.  I
was beginning to wonder if I'd imagined it.

--

Thought it might have been the Goons .. but only got
BLOODNOK: What? He's brilliant I tell you. Eccles? Did you know that the Thames is two hundred and eighteen miles long

ECCLES: Two hundred and eighteen miles long, ayy

BLOODNOK: And you know it's thirty yards wide

ECCLES: Thirty yards wide

BLOODNOK: You see he has the answer to both questions

SEAGOON: Ahh, you know how wide it is, you know how long it is. But! Can you tell me where the source is?

ECCLES: Oh I think it's on the dinner table. ha ha, you're a funny man Eccles ..