On 23.02.2019 00:09, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> [...]
> =drain: Use waterway=drain for artificial waterways, typically lined with concrete or similar, usually used to carry water for drainage or irrigation purposes.
> [...]

Irrigate with drains? This was the original question of the whole ditch vs. drain discussion (see (https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/042047.html). It seems to be a contradiction to what wikipedia explains (and therefore is difficult to remember):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drainage: "Drainage is the natural or artificial removal of a surface's water and sub-surface water from an area with excess of water..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ditch: "A ditch is a small to moderate depression created to channel water. A ditch can be used for drainage, to drain water from low-lying areas, alongside roadways or fields, or to channel water from a more distant source for plant irrigation..."

And we already have irrigation mentioned on the OSM wiki page for ditch and not on the OSM wiki page for drain. I think these current definitions should be changed as little as possible.