Hi Clifford,

On 02/05/19 00:13, Clifford Snow wrote:
Since the off loading area is called an access aisle, both in the US and UK [2], it seem to me that it would be an appropriate term to use.  Would using highway=footway + footway=access_aisle +  wheelchair=yes be a more acceptable tagging scheme? My concern is that just adding wheelchair=yes to a footway doesn't get at the requirement for the width of the access_aisle.

[1] https://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/buildings-and-sites/about-the-ada-standards/guide-to-the-ada-standards/chapter-5-parking [2] https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN01360/SN01360.pdf

I'm really supporting your proposal for a highway=footway + footway=access_aisle.

I would match this with a wheelchair=designated instead of a wheelchair=yes, as suggested by Mateusz Konieczny.

Best,

Ale