On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:54 AM Tony Shield <tony.shield...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It does appear that 'access aisle' is US and from watching the video and
> your picture it is an integral part of a parking_bay or parking_lane for
> disabled access. It follows that a parking bay or parking lane tagged for
> disabled then it must follow the regulations of that country. For very
> detailed mapping of such a bay or lane then making it clear that the
> hatched area is for disabled users as part of the adjoining parking bay is
> good, but please do not use words with a very wide meaning, please find a
> way of limiting the meaning to disabled people - disabled_access_area is
> good for me.

Tony you seem to have summarized what I've read in other posts, that
access_aisle is too generic which would lead to people adding it to
features that have nothing to do with wheelchair access. Once that happens,
the tag will have lost its meaning.

Since the area is intended for wheelchair access to vehicles, does
highway=footway + footway=wheelchair_loading_aisle work better? It does
away with needing to add a third tag, wheelchair=designated, and would work
even if someone added wheelchair=designated.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington