sent from a phone

> On 2. May 2019, at 23:11, Florian Lohoff <f...@zz.de> wrote:
>
> I'd rather propose surface=asphalt asphalt=whisper or the like.
>
> asphalt:type would also be okay with me. There are more likely 100s of types
> of asphalt.

I also would not introduce a new surface value, it is still asphalt. Either you
see it as an additional property like
asphalt:noise=low (thinking of eventually 2-3 values like low/default/noisy),
which would open a whole field of asphalt properties (asphalt:drainage, ...) or
if „whispering asphalt“ is really considered a type of asphalt on its own, a
subtag for an asphalt class:
asphalt=whispering or porous...
(or the synonymous asphalt:type asphalt_type,...)

I would tend to the former
asphalt:noise=low

(concise and easy to understand)

Cheers, Martin