The usage of the word "aqueduct" in American English is broader than
the meaning of the word in British English.

Cambridge dictionaries defines the noun as "a structure for carrying
water across land, especially one like a high bridge with many arches
that carries pipes or a canal across a valley" -
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/aqueduct

Oxford dictionaries: Noun "1. An artificial channel for conveying
water, typically in the form of a bridge across a valley or other
gap."
"2. A small duct in the body containing fluid."

But in the USA the word is alway used for long canals and tunnels
designed to carry water to a city or for irrigation:
Merriam-Webster (one of the better-researched American English dictionaries):
1 a: a conduit for water
especially : one for carrying a large quantity of flowing water
b : a structure for conveying a canal over a river or hollow
2 : a canal or passage in a part or organ
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aqueduct

So in US and British English it's possible to use "aqueduct" to
describe a bridge that carries a canal or other artificial waterway
over a river or road. This is already a tag: bridge=aqueduct.

In this case "aque-duct" is similar to "via-duct", but carrying water
rather than a road:
Merriam-Webster: "a long elevated roadway usually consisting of a
series of short spans supported on arches, piers, or columns"
Cambridge: "a long, high bridge, usually held up by many arches, that
carries a railway or a road over a valley:"
Oxford: "A long bridge-like structure, typically a series of arches,
carrying a road or railway across a valley or other low ground."

Is there a better word than "aqueduct" that could be used to tag an
artificial waterway that transports useful water from one place to
another for irrigation, drinking water, or industrial usage, but is
not constructed like a canal or pipeline?

I still feel uncomfortable using the word "canal" for small waterways:
the basic meaning of the word "canal" seems to imply a navigable
waterway, just as a "river" is wide enough for a small boat, in
contrast with a stream, but perhaps this is specific to my dialect?

Can anyone show an example of an English waterway that is called a
"canal" locally but is less than 2 meters wide, or 1 meter wide?