I've just checked the history, and as far as I can tell, there has been a grand
total of just 15 proposals put to voting since the beginning of the year (5
months, so 3 per month on avg.)

Also, even with all the noise, there have been only about 28 messages per day
on avg, which is less then most other mailing lists and forums I follow.

I agree that there has been some unnecessary noise, most of it caused by less
than a handful of people.

Overall, I don't think there is any issue here that needs to be urgently
addressed.