Thank you two for the elaborated answers

I agree that currently many mapping practices split sites and devices.
Then the idea should spread as to not get in arguments like the one in the
proposal.

Nevertheless I have comments regarding Marc examples :
* " bin/shelter/bench=yes on a bus stop for this equipment is present
in the area of the bus stop"
Shouldn't we put a node inside the bus-stop shelter area to materialize the
bin or the bench?
* lit=yes on an highway feature properly indicates kind of "process"
without be redundant with individual street lights lighting the road
This is exactly with I propose for traction substations, mapping process on
sites and devices independently.

Things are better than I thought.
Then, it would be good to amend the 1 feature=1 osm object page with more
clear messages (and examples)
All of this discussion only cover sites mapped as areas. We can start by
stating that a particular device on the ground should get its own object
instead of being moved to enclosing building/site/place ?
This is not possible to distinguish sites from devices at the moment they
are located on a single node.

All the best

François