On 2019-06-21 18:33, Paul Allen wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 at 17:06, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> When it comes to tagging the socket type, please use an existing standard
>> such as the IEC type letters. Make sure to use the code for the socket, not
>> for the plug; some combinations have a measure of cross-compatibility, and
>> you don't want to mix that up in the tagging for the socket. A few examples:
>> the UK, Ireland, Malta, Singapore (at least) use Type G, in France/Belgium
>> it is type F, in the Netherlands it is type E.
>
> Are you suggesting replacing the scheme here:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:power_supply
> or is that OK with you?

Looks good to me, except that the tag name should really be something
like "power_supply:socket_type" rather than the over-generic
"power_supply". I am please to see that frequency and voltage are
covered, as is maximum current. Not sure polyphase supplies are fully
covered though. Only one socket type is described as 3-phase; there is
at least one other type, and that also seems to accommodate USA
split-phase as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60309#Blue_3P+N+E,_9h