On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 10:30:38PM +0000, marc marc wrote:
> Le 09.06.19 à 01:12, Richard a écrit :
> > The water level drops a few inches and
> > suddenly the "pipe" is no longer water filled
>
> intermittent=yes/no

that says that sometimes there is no water at all. But not that sometimes
it is "pressurised" and sometimes not pressurised.

> some industrial installations (I am thinking of an waterway between
> retention basins at the Grande-Dixence Dam, part of which is natural)
> have been under water since before I was born.
> to say that this can no longer be a waterway=pressurised is to say that
> it should be divided into 2, a waterway=pressurised-in-a-mandmade-stuff
> and a waterway=pressurised-in-a-cave, this kind of micro-mapping
> has its place in a subkey, not as a top-level value.

my objection is against mapping natural caves with pressurised. If the cave
becomes part of an engineered project it is somewhat different. I would be
curious about more details and if this is a one in the world situation.

Richard