On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 15:05, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "...I couldn't get the status "abandoned" to show up as an option, so
> gave up. I expect your bot will fix it in the morning. ..." - Jeisenbe
> " Sadly no, the bot won't fix it -- it will never touch anything
> contaminated by humans :) In other words, if you modify a specific
> property of a data item, that property becomes taboo for the bot. So
> it has to be forever maintained by the human." - Yurik

I suppose the bot could be bi-directional, using the most-recently changed
to update the
least-recently changed, if the wikidata keeps track of modification
date/time.  But it might
be undesirable because it could lead to unintentional edits wars with one
person changing
the wiki and the other changing the wikidata, neither realizing what is
happening.

What might be feasible, and better is one of the following (in order of
preference)

1) Editor warns somebody editing that part of the page that they ought to
make the change
to the wikidata.  But many of us prefer the source editor, so that may not
be possible at all.

2) Bot mails the person who changed that part of the page that the wikidata
needs to be
edited to match.  If, after a set period of time, no such change is made,
an admin is mailed.

3) The bot mails an admin to come clear up the mess.

4) The bot forces the page to match the wikidata and emails the person who
made the
change to alter the wikidata instead, including details of the changes made
in the mail.
If, after a set period of time, no such change is made, an admin is mailed.

5) The bot forces the page to match the wikidate and emails and admin to
fix things,
including details of the changes made in the mail.

None of those are perfect, and maybe somebody can come up with something
better.

--
Paul