On 13.08.2019 16:16, Paul Allen wrote:
> [...] None of those are perfect, and maybe somebody can come up with something better. [...]

My suggestion is that the bot only updates in one direction: values ​​of wiki pages always take precedence and override corresponding fields in the data elements. On the data element pages, these fields should either be uneditable or at least marked somehow to warn everyone about the bot.

Reasons:
1. Get a complete history on the wiki pages. The history of the data element pages is not very helpful because it is cluttered with bot edits and does not contain many meaningful comments. There is a gadget written by Yuri that you can use to add something to the auto-generated changeset comments. However, it is still buggy and is used by only a few people (see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:GadgetUsage). 2. Someone who wants to edit something that appears on a wiki page needs to look at the entire page and see if this (intended) change is compatible with the rest of the page. I'm assuming that then he will often find out that he should have edited the wiki page anyway to achieve this.