On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 14:28, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 22. Aug 2019, at 14:07, Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
> >
> > In British English the term used is Cashback.
>
> in Germany cashback is the name of a bonus program where you can get some
> money for sharing your personal data with the merchant when you buy
> something.

Here that's known generically as a loyalty scheme but most people only know
the name of
the specific card they use with a specific shop (with Tesco it's a "Club
Card") although there
is a less specific card called "Nectar" supported by several smaller chains.

> It would be deeply confusing for German users to use the same term for
> cash withdrawal.

I have to agree with you.  One of the cases where using British English
terminology would
be too confusing.  A quick search didn't reward me with a suitable generic
term but added
to the problems because it seems that Australia and New Zealand call it
"cash out.."  The
closest I can get to a generic term is "debit card cashback" which I don't
think clarifies
matters enough to keep the German mappers happy.

--
Paul