On 22/08/2019 15:47, Paul Allen wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 13:09, Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk <mailto:p...@trigpoint.me.uk>> wrote:

    In British English the term used is Cashback.

I can confirm that.  I'm not sure, but I think it's only possible to get cashback if you make a purchase.  But that could just be a policy of some stores, or I could be completely wrong
(I've never tried to get cashback without making a purchase).

I believe that is correct, you have to buy something, even if it costs a penny/cent so that they can open the till.

My local co-op has a separate area for the post office, which offers the full range of services but keeps normal post office hours.

The main co-op supermarket has a post office terminal, not sure what it can do but you can't tax your car or send off for a passport, but it has a scale to weigh parcels and also offers cash withdrawl which requires no purchase. This is available whenever the co-op is open Mo-Sa 7:00-22:00 Su 10:00-16:00.

Is there, or should there be, a tag for these mini-post offices?

Is this a UK thing?

Phil (trigpoint)