On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 22:10, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Meanwhile the osmcha example appears to be a 5 way roundabout-type
> junction, but I don't have the clarity in that aerial view to tell if it's
> traversable or not.

I went to the osmcha example and opened it in iD with Bing imagery.  It
looks too large
for a mini roundabout.  Three of the four roads have split lanes, which
makes it
incompatible with a mini roundabout.  And there are some Mapillary photo
overlays which
show the central island to be raised with a wall (tall kerb?) around the
edge and some
large bushes in the centre.

Assuming I'm looking at the right one, and didn't get lost when I switched
to iD, it's
not a mini roundabout in the physical sense, regardless of whether or not
traffic
regulations there make any distinction between roundabouts and small,
traversable roundabouts.

--
Paul