sent from a phone

> On 14. Dec 2019, at 21:30, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
>
> I would favor adding the name exactly as it appears in a sign, even including
> punctuation marks if it's in their sign. For example AT&T. AT&T at one time
> was an abbreviation for American Telephone & Telegraph but they dropped the
> full name for AT&T sometime back. It technically isn't an acronym anymore.
> TCBY (The Countries Best Yogurt) is a yogurt shop that is widely recognized
> in the US. If you wrote Tcyb, I doubt most people would even recognize it.

I agree, there are some more  examples like IBM and BP. The capitalization of
the _name_ should be like it is used (and likely registered). I also agree with
Frederik though, if we feel the orthography of their name is particularly
designed to game lists or maps, like “the BEST foo” we can individually make
exceptions and must not slavishly adhere to their marketing.

Cheers Martin