Am Do., 16. Jan. 2020 um 02:53 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>:

> > seasonal=summer
>
> Well, this is the problem with the tag "seasonal" - it's not 100%
> clear if "seasonal=summer" means "this feature is only available in
> the summer" or "this feature is NOT available in the summer".

I believe tags are referring to the object they describe. seasonal=* means
the feature is available only part of the year, and a value of "summer"
makes it more concrete (only in summer).

> As mentioned on the wiki page "Note these values can be ambiguous for
> features that that vary between different states since it can be
> unclear which state occurs at which time of the year."

maybe it is for natural features like waterways, although I find it
generally hard to follow this reasoning.

> And here in the tropics it is every more confusing to interpret
> "seasonal=wet_season" and "seasonal=dry_season" - one expects
> "seasonal=dry_season" for roads and "seasonal=wet_season" for rivers,
> but this is not always used properly.

just use seasonal=yes ;-)

Cheers
Martin