OK, you confirm that the "paved is implied" statement in the wiki page is
to be read as "assuming we are in Germany ... paved is implied" and is not
referring to some wiki page that I have not yet detected (that was my
question).
I have no problem with the statement that most residential roads in Germany
are paved, and hence a router can assume that any unpaved residential roads
in Germany have a corresponding tag.