Am Mi., 19. Feb. 2020 um 23:50 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>:

> My concern is still that it might be hard to translate "donation in
> kind" from English into some languages, and that people with limited
> English vocabulary might not understand the phrase.
>
> Automated translations by Google from "donation in kind" gets this:

I got the same with deepl.com (for French, German, Spanish, Dutch)

> German: "Sachspende"

is a precise and accurate term (no wonder, the OP has translated this to
English).

> Dutch: "donatie in natura" literally "donation in nature", from French?
>
> French: "don en nature" - literally "gift in nature/kind" which seem
> to be a phrase
>
> So "donation in kind" will work for western European languages (and
> Indonesian), though it would be nice if someone can check how it works
> in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, etc.
>
> However, "donation of goods" works as well or better in most of these
> languages:
>
> "Donation of goods" translates to:
> = "sumbangan barang" (Indonesian)
> = "donaciĆ³n de bienes" (Spanish)
> = "don de biens" (French)
> = "donatie van goederen" (Dutch)
> = "Spende von Waren" (German)

no, "Spende von Waren" is not an established term, it doesn't sound natural
(but would probably be understood anyway), the perfect term is
"Sachspende". My guess is that also for the other languages, particularly
Roman languagues with their reference to "nature", the established term is
that and not the second alternative. No idea about Indonesian obviously ;)

Cheers
Martin