On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 at 05:01, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These shows do take place at a permanent site.
>
> They take place annually, floods, fire, droughts and wars excepted.
>
> The dates may vary depending on various things, but usually around the same
> time each year.
>
> They are part of Australian culture, and it would seem British culture.

I also wish for a settled tag for a regular, locally important event
that is repeatedly or always held at a given site.

I have tagged location of one such in Canada with landuse=fairground
but this doesn't seem perfect and landuse key doesn't logically lend
itself well to specifying details about the events that might be
taking place there. A lot of fairgrounds in Canada end up being tagged
as a park for lack of a better description.

See also related discussion in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/leisure%3Devents

--Jarek