Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. April 2020 um 15:43 Uhr
Von: "Jarek Piórkowski" <ja...@piorkowski.ca>
An: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Betreff: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_signals=crossing_on_demand
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 06:23, <lukas-...@web.de> wrote:

> To response on the mentioning:
> "Currently the wiki page says "traffic_signals=crossing_on_demand makes
> it easy to mark all traffic lights which do only control a crossing",
> again I personally find highway=traffic_signals +
> crossing=traffic_signals sufficient for that"
>
> Yes, that's true. I agree with that, but my point is, that not only those traffic lights, which do control only a crossing, a mapped like this. Mappers use it just as a shortcut for traffic light and crossing, no matter in which relation between each other they are. That is not wrong, but it does not really show for what the lane traffic lights are "resposible". Please have a look at https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1339612951 and many many others in this city. The traffic lights of course control the crossing, yes, but they control the junction nearby, too.
> So looking at highway=traffic_signals + crossing=traffic_signals on the same node also makes it not possible to see only those crossings where n junction or something else is, as I see it at the moment.

Hm, that's tagging I haven't seen before. My suggestion would be to
not tag like that (the proposed new tag would suggest retagging of
this anyway). My understanding of the detailed-intersection-tagging
norms was that this should have highway=traffic_signals on the stop
line for cars, and highway=crossing+crossing=traffic_signals on the
middle of the pedestrian crossing - e.g.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1822620449 or
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/393547028

--Jarek