sent from a phone

> On 19. Apr 2020, at 20:29, Justin Tracey <j3tra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Another major exceptions where mapping as an internal node is better, IME,
> are notable (historical) buildings that currently house a business. More
> generally, if the tags of the building and business would conflict (e.g.,
> name), then it makes sense to keep them as separate features.

sure, using an area did not imply mixing business tags with buildings, even if
the business occupies the whole footprint.

While you could redraw the same geometry over the building (not 100,0% accurate
because buildings get drawn on their outline, while businesses would in theory
be drawn at the inside, but actually not even with the established indoor
tagging scheme you would draw wall widths), I find these troublesome to edit.
The alternative are multipolygons where you reuse the building geometry as
outer member (usually the only multipolygon member in these cases). They might
seem overkill on the other hand, and make editing harder for inexperienced
mappers.

So basically we end up with most pois added as nodes, as it appears to be
currently the best compromise in terms of mapping efficiency, accuracy,
complexity and editability.

I know there are lots of building=yes with poi data added, but I would
discourage this because there really is no way to tell which of the properties
(e.g. name) belongs to the building and which to the business.

Cheers Martin