On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 11:49, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 17:28, Jarek Piórkowski <jarek at piorkowski.ca> wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 11:50, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> common in Taiwan which are usually mismapped as shop=beverages

>> > Looking at your proposal, I fail to see how these are not shop=beverages.
>>
>> Have you seen a bubble tea shop?
>>

> Nope. :)
>

>> It's basically a cafe. It prepares drinks to order. Best tagging I've
>> seen around me is amenity=cafe + cuisine=bubble_tea
>>

> As described in the proposal, most lack seating.  Which makes those
> without seating shops rather than cafes.
>

>> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Acuisine%3Dbubble_tea -
>> per https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/cuisine=bubble_tea it's not
>> very common but for example iD presets have amenity=cafe +
>> cuisine=bubble_tea for Chatime
>>
>> https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/blob/c0b65aacf04be6753f6e7e82007399bee1e65fdc/brands/amenity/cafe.json#L314-L329
>> as well as Gong Cha, Sharetea, and a few others.
>>

> Seems reasonable, if they have seats and they also serve food.
>

>> I would suggest using an amenity tag rather than a shop tag since it's
>> much more like a cafe or a fast food place than a store.
>>

> I can see that it's more like fast food since the stuff has to be prepared.
> But then I think "Starbucks."  Have we already standardized on a way
> of tagging somewhere without seats that sells takeaway coffee?
>

>> In a bubble tea place you place an order and it is prepared and served to
>> you.
>>

> So like a place that sells takeaway coffee but the list of beverages
> is different.  If we have a way of mapping coffee takeaways then
> use that with drink:bubble_tea=yes.  If we don't have a way of mapping
> coffee takeaways then we probably need one that can,deal with coffee,
> bubble tea and whatever else with appropriate drink:*=*.

Thanks Paul and thanks Jerek. Sorry for didn't described clearly in the
proposal.

The reason that I made this proposal is because after I sent a pull request to
add a bubble tea shop in the name-suggestion-index on Github
(https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/pull/3998), an user reminded
me that some of the bubble tea shops are tagged with amenity=cafe +
cuisine=bubble_tea, instead, shop=beverages is more for the place selling cans
or bottles of beer and other beverages. It confused me because most of the
users in Taiwan have used shop=beverages a lot and it had been some brands such
as 50嵐, CoCo都可, 大苑子DaYuans, 清心福全ChingShin and 茶湯會TP-TEA in the
name-suggestion-index/shop=beverages already.

In my opinion, amenity=cafe is not suitable for bubble tea shop even if takeout
coffee shop is common nowadays. Bubble tea shops usually don't serve coffee and
snacks and mostly don't have seats. I'd also checked the original
shop=beverages proposal page
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Beverages) which was
drafted in 2008 and never been voted. It's widely used in Germany

Before drafted this proposal, I'd done some research and found some interesting
point.

This is shop=beverages in NYC
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/Vvc
Most of them are beer seller, and some bubble tea shop, some are coffee shop
(mismapped).

and shop=beverages in Dusseldorf
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/Vvd
most of them are beer and wines market.

I believe that currently most of the shop=beverages are located in Germany and
Taiwan, but the form are very different between two places.

I think amenity=bubble_tea may be an option but really not sure wether use
amenity or shop is better.