sent from a phone

> On 29. Jun 2020, at 12:18, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it's better to have some kind of high level tag like amenity=drinks
> or shop=drinks which you order at a counter (as opposed to shop=beverages
> which is more a shop that has pre-made bottled drinks which you walk around
> and add to your shopping basket).
>
> The "bubble_tea" part should be left as the cuisine.

I don’t believe it is helpful to cluster all kind of places where you can
primarily find something to drink in a generic tag. Bubble tea is very
specific, and unless you want bubble tea you would not want to find these when
you are thirsty. We already do distinguish places to drink with various tags
like bar, cafe, pub, and it does not seem likely that we will deprecate these,
so a amenity=drinks or shop=drinks would not promise more consistency or ease
of tagging. We also already have shop=wine, shop=beverages and more. I would
make bubble_tea a first level tag
(or maybe a subtag for pastry/sweets etc.)

Cheers Martin