On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 at 17:56, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I also think amenity=bubble_tea is more appropriate, but shop=bubble_tea
> is fine.

I still thing they sell beverages and bubble_tea happens to be one of those
beverages.  That's why we have drink:*=yes.

> Using amenity=cafe seems wrong. An amenity=cafe has "sit-down facilities"
> according to the wiki.

And according to me, as a British English speaker.

> Also the word "cafe" is from "coffee"

Yes, but a cafe sells some sort of food, too, no matter the etymology.

- at least in the USA and Indonesia these places always sell coffee, unlike
> a Bubble Tea shop.

In British English we have tea shops - they also sell coffee and food.  We
have
coffee shops - they also sell tea and food.  Functionally, they are cafes,
as
OSM tags define that term.

As these things have been described by later posts, they're closer to
fast food places than cafes, but for drinks rather than food.  Whatever
main tag we settle on, I think beverages is better than bubble_tea since
the proposal already included drink:bubble_tea=yes.  Then we can deal
with a shop that has no seats and sells only hot coffee to take away.  Or
iced tea.  Or fresh juices made from whole fruit on the spot.  Or whatever.

--
Paul