On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 15:47, Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/07/2020 15.24, Skyler Hawthorne wrote:
> > Sure thing, it's here:
> > https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/42.69323/-73.69023
> > I did not take photos, as I am not comfortable taking pictures of
> > peoples' homes,
> Google doesn't share your scruples:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@42.6927405,-73.6883336,3a,24y,315.41h,90.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGkedvwtT8168p_D1SYKF6Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The thing that gives me most pause about this photo is that the units
seem to share a somewhat complex roof structure. It's difficult to
imagine a third-floor addition to one of the units, for example - much
of the roof structure would have to be rebuilt. By contrast, in a
semi-detached house you can usually add an extra floor on only one
side, because even if the roof structure is shared, at least it's
symmetrical between units. To me, that suggests these particular units
aren't fully independent buildings, and speaks in favour of the
tagging with building=terrace for the big outline and
building:part=house for individual parts if you want (but I think
address tagging with addr:* tags on entrance nodes would be just as
valid).

(IMHO)

--Jarek