On 07/08/2020 08.23, Alessandro Sarretta wrote:
Dear Matthew,

On 06/08/20 22:52, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Please see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/more_parking.

To summarize: I am proposing the following:

- To codify / make official the de-facto parking_space=disabled

I've always had some doubts in using parking_space=disabled.

When I had to map parking spaces specifically designed for disabled people (i.e. only disabled people can park there), I've used disabled=designated, because it defines (or that is my interpretation) an access condition and it applies it to disabled people.

While parking_space=disabled seems to be more generic.

But if the default use of parking_space=disables means exactly that only disabled people can park there, I'm ok to use it (and change my edits), but in this case an explicit description in this sense is required in the wiki page.

See? This is *why* we need a page! Thank you for bringing up this excellent point!

For me, I always look at parking_space=X and capacity:X as being related. I didn't also propose e.g. parking_space=parent because I can't recall ever encountering such a thing, but arguably that should be added also.

That said... now I'm on the fence. FWIW, the amenity=parking page mentions parking_space=disabled as being supported by at least one renderer, while one has to do quite some digging for how to use access:*. Clearly we *do* need to improve the documentation here! Also, it's less obvious how one would apply access restrictions for e.g. charging, compact.

(If I'm using overpass correctly, it looks like there are ~1k instances of amenity=parking_space *also* tagged with access:disabled. That's clearly much less popular than parking_space=disabled. Do you know if any renderers use access:disabled to affect the rendering of amenity=parking_space?)

--
Matthew