sent from a phone

> On 14. Aug 2020, at 13:28, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe it’s because I am not an English native speaker, but I would expect
>> something more than a head lice removal treatment place or a speech
>> therapist when I see healthcare=clinic.
>
> It's stretching the case, perhaps, but not breaking it.

to put it more bluntly: I see problems and no advantage with this specific
subtagging approach. OpenStreetMap mostly uses duck tagging, and where more
“structured” approaches have been used, it was mostly a disadvantage. Typically
it meant that the “main tag” became useless because of its overly inclusive
meaning and every meaningful distinction moved into a “secondary” tag which
could have been used just as well without the main tag. In this case, the
meaning would shift to healthcare:specialty and the term “clinic” would be
extended to mean any kind of facility with outpatient treatment, including even
those with just a single person offering some kind of special healthcare
service for some hours a week (speech therapist).

Cheers Martin