On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 17:05, Steve Doerr <doerr.step...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/08/2020 19:27, Paul Allen wrote:

I would interpret 'Collects', 'Issues', 'Spreads', and possibly 'Sinks' as
> verbs in the third person singular, rather than plural nouns.

That's a bit of an issue, although I think you've included the kitchen sink.

It is not unknown in English for verbs to get nouned and nouns to get
verbed.
Especially in technical English like mapology.

This might affect how we tag them, as we mainly use nouns and adjectives, I
> think.

As used by OS, these are nouns.  If we had non-cartographic equivalents in
British English then maybe we should use those instead.  If we decide that
we want to tag such things in the first place.

--
Paul