then why not using addr:interpolation=no to state that the hyphen in addr:housenumber does not define a range ? I think everyone would be happy and it will not break current tagging schema. QA tools would raise a warning if there is an hyphen and no addr:interpolation tag. Default rule might be that an hyphen denotes (or not... Or both... I don't care) a range.

LeTopographeFou
De: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Envoyé: 20 août 2020 6:35 PM
À: andrew.harv...@gmail.com
Répondre à: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Cc: matkoni...@tutanota.com; tagging@openstreetmap.org
Objet: Re: [Tagging] We should stop using hyphens to denote address ranges

Aug 20, 2020, 15:50 by andrew.harv...@gmail.com:

And it may be useful to have tag to mark "yes this is actually a single housenumber despite
that includes hyphen or something else that suggests range"

I would assume that to be the default, when there are multiple addresses best to mark them all out individually or use a linear way with the address at the start and end nodes and addr:interpolation on the line (as a first pass before mapping them out individually)
But given that addr:housenumber=1-3  may represent either case it would be nice to be able to state this.