> On Aug 18, 2020, at 2:29 PM, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>

> Maybe we should use a different character to indicate a range, such as a
> slash?

In the United States it is not too uncommon for infill housing in urban areas
to have fractional street numbers. So you can see addresses like “123 1/2 North
Main Street” for a building located between 123 and 125 (odd numbers are
usually on one side of the street so 124 is not available in this example). I
already am annoyed by QA checkers that flag that as an error. Defining a slash
to mean something other that the, to me, obvious use as a fraction would make
things worse.

Cheers,

Tod