Hello all,

after the comments on the confusing nature of the word 'source' in my original proposal of 'electricity:source', I have now changed the name to 'electricity:origin' as suggested on the discussion page. Furthermore, I would like to revive and extend the proposal of the key 'electricity' as this previously conflicted with parts of the electricity:source proposal and was not consistent.

Both proposal pages:

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/electricity

[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Proposed_features/electricity:source

The idea now is to allow for the tagging of buildings or amenities that have electricity. The rationale is described in more detail at [1]. Tags such as access, fee, schedule and origin can then narrow down the availability to the public and the question of financial or direct origin of the electricity.

This is distinct from the drafted tag power_supply as it is used to describe the type of sockets used at a specific outlet. The values for that tag are still currently under discussion.

I would also not tag this as a subset of power=* as this maps the facilities and features that relate to the generation and distribution of electrical power and should not be used to map the consumers of electricity.

I am eager to hear the feedback to the revised proposals!

Best regards,

Lukas