On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 7:03 AM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Di., 1. Dez. 2020 um 18:08 Uhr schrieb Brian M. Sperlongano <
> zelonew...@gmail.com>:
>
>> +1, it's unreasonable for mappers to be mind readers about the intent of
>> land managers.  Either the public is allowed to walk on these paths, or
>> they are not.  There isn't really a middle ground here.
>>

> There is middle ground. For example in many German nature reserves, you
> may enter the reserve, provided you remain on the foot paths.

We are saying the same thing.  access=yes for the allowed paths, access=no
for anything else.  The topic of discussion are unofficial/social/animal
paths in places where there are established paths intended for visitors.  I
suppose if there is a middle ground you could muster access=discouraged,
but the documentation says this is for signed roads, not unsigned paths.