Hi,
where do you see a problem here? The current situation might not be perfect, but it is usable as it is. The only thing to keep in mind is that the number of "lanes" does not need to match the number of entries in the "XY:lanes" tags.

On the other hand, the "lanes" tag has some real problems, e.g.
lanes = 2
lanes:psv = 1
lanes:hov = 1
Is there any lane for regular traffic or not?

In my opinion the "lanes" tag is just a rough estimate for the width and capacity of a road - all actual numbers have to be read from more detailed tags such as cycleway, busway and all XY:lanes.

Jan