On 12.12.20 17:47, Paul Johnson wrote:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 10:46 AM Jan Michel <j...@mueschelsoft.de <mailto:j...@mueschelsoft.de>> wrote:

    On 12.12.20 17:25, Paul Johnson wrote:

     > Sure, if you manually torque tag it to match the incorrect
     > documentation.  As soon as you open the lane editor, it rightly
    corrects
     > it to lanes=5, since you have 2 lanes in one way and 3 in the other.

    The "incorrect documentation" was voted on and it was approved.

I'm pretty sure it was done without consideration for reserved lanes as lane access tagging wasn't something yet available.  Now it is, and it's time to reconsider that.

I'm refering to the proposal of exactly this: the :lanes extension. It was clearly and unambiguously taken into account:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/lanes_General_Extension#The_issues_with_the_lanes_tag

Setting tags according to documentation is hardly "torquing tags".
    Which "lane editor" do you refer to? If any tool does this, it needs
    to be fixed.

JOSM.
Please be more precise. JOSM has no built-in lane-editor.