Just to clarify:

> crossing=priority Indicates that the node is a pedestrian crossing  ....
when applied to highway=cycleway, should this read bicycle crossing?

when applied to a highway=cycleway, does the tag imply priority for
cyclists, pedestrians, or both?

> belisha_beacon=yes|no
Is belisha beacon a generally known term outside the UK?
Since only presence is significant,  the value no is useless

> segregated=boolean (yes/no) (no default assumed)

Since the proposal talks about pedestrians, cycleways and horses crossing:
what exactly is segregated when segregated=yes is applied to a cycleway?
And with segregated=no, do motorists get a warning that horses may cross on
the cycleway?

Peter Elderson