François, thank you for your hard work on this proposal!  I will most
likely support this version.  I have a few questions:

1. The proposal states "It is proposed to discourage the use of
undocumented pump:type=* to state pump mechanisms in favour of new
pump_mechanism=*."  It is not clear what is meant by "discourage" in this
context.  Given the other threads today regarding reservoirs, it is
important to communicate clearly what we mean when we propose to stop using
a tag.  I would ask that instead of "discourage", that the proposal should
explicitly say "deprecate" so that there is no confusion that you intend
for us to stop using pump:type and document it as deprecated in the
deprecated features list.  Otherwise, I would ask that you clearly and
explicitly state what you mean by "discourage" and where those words of
discouragement would go.

2.  You propose to deprecate man_made=pumping_rig and propose to replace it
with the (far more popular) man_made=petroleum_well.  Both of these are
combined with the substance=* key.  I would ask whether there are usages of
pumping_rig that are being used with substance=* tags for non-petroleum
products (i.e. not oil/natural gas) which would be lost by abandoning this
pumping_rig?  If the answer is "yes", then I would support simply changing
the description of pumping_rig to explicitly exclude petroleum products,
and if the answer is "no" then I agree with deprecating it.