I suppose we also lack a way to distinguish extended-stay hotels which are
designed for 1 week to multi-month stays;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apartment_hotel

" There are currently 27 extended stay chains in North America with at
least 7 hotels, representing over 2,000 properties.[*citation needed
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed>*] There is
substantial variation among extended stay hotels with respect to quality
and the amenities available. Some of the economy chains attract clientele
who use the hotels as semi-permanent lodging. Extended-stay hotels
typically have self-serve laundry facilities and offer discounts for
extended stays, beginning at 5 or 7 days. They also have guestrooms (or
"suites") with kitchens. The kitchens include at a minimum usually: a sink,
a refrigerator (usually full size), a microwave oven, and a stovetop. Some
kitchens also have dishwashers and conventional ovens. Extended stay hotels
are aimed at business travelers on extended assignments, families in the
midst of a relocation, and others in need of temporary housing."

-- Joseph Eisenberg