On 12/14/2020 3:11 PM, Paul Allen wrote:

I'd expect a motel to be set up to handle very short duration (one or two
day) at very short notice (turn up and ask for a room) and to offer
meals unless there are diners/restaurants nearby...

Take a look at https://www.canllefaes.com/
<https://www.canllefaes.com/> and note the
requirement that occupancy start/end on a Saturday,
that the cottages have kitchens, etc., and tell me if
that fits into your model of a motel with distributed
cabins.

No indeed it does not. I would be uncomfortable using the tourism=motel
tag on any establishment with a minimum week stay, kitchens or no. Even
a 2-night minimum at a motel would wrinkle my brow.

For Canllefaes, I'd be happy enough with leisure=resort.

(By the way, I would generally *not* expect a motel to offer food beyond
coffee and packaged snacks, though many of them share a parking lot with
a restaurant or fast food.)