Impressive work!

I had missed myself that the river flows through. To tie it together I would have made a multipolygon with two outers one on each side of the river, and I think I've already done that in some other wetland with the same issue. However that is not a fool-proof solution, as in some case you could have only bog on one side of the river and only marsh on the other, making it impossible to tie it together with a multipolygon.

The simple answer is that this naming concept is fundamentally broken, and that we need to have some other concept, such as fuzzy areas.

However I'll soon go through these edits again and then I will add multipolygon for the split, and if your renderer takes that into account we should end up with a single multipolygon. I think in the case of Muddus it will work in all cases, ie we won't hit the corner case described above which should be very rare. So I think this naming concept is okay as a stepping stone until we can move forward on this issue. I hope we can make a point though that this is not a acceptable as a long-term solution.

Your example also demonstrates the importance of having a reference renderer that actually renders correctly. I would not have discovered that I've forgot to tie the wetland together if it weren't for that your renderer actually implements the algorithm. A proper reference render gives better geodata, as it allows mappers to with their own eyes see what's correctly represented or not.

/Anders

On 2020-12-15 06:22, Ture Pålsson wrote:

14 dec. 2020 kl. 22:30 skrev Anders Torger <and...@torger.se>:

Cool! It would be really nice to see a demo :-)

Rijmmoáhpe renders sort of reasonably now at http://lab3.turepalsson.se/map . (On the generated PDF, not on the "slippy map". And it's a bit hard to find, since my low-zoom tiles are so bad!). Or check my PDF at http://lab3.turepalsson.se/map/download/ecb7556.pdf .

It still gets two labels because the area is split in half by Rijmmojåhko flowing through it.